Immigration lawyers in Green Quarter
I want to come on holiday to the UK, do I need a visa?
If you are from outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and you wish to visit the UK as a tourist then you will probably need a UK Visitor Visa. However, it’s worth noting that people from countries inside the EEA as well as some Commonwealth countries are not required to have a visa to visit the UK.
The UK Visitor Visa will allow you to stay in the UK for up to 6 months. It can be used for various things including visiting friends and family, coming on holiday, getting private medical care and even carrying out business.
To be eligible for a UK Visitor Visa you must:
- Be able to prove that you intend to leave the UK once your visa has expired
- Demonstrate that you can financially support yourself whilst in the UK
- Provide proof of the activities you intend to partake in whilst here
Our immigration lawyers in Green Quarter will make it easy for you to apply for your visitor visa, helping you to gather everything you may need and filling in the application on your behalf.
To find out more about UK visitor visas speak to our Green Quarter lawyers on 01618269783.
Did you know that our Green Quarter lawyers also assist with Spouse Visa applications?
If you are married to a British citizen then you could be eligible for a Spouse Visa. This visa will allow you to join your partner in the UK. It is valid for 30 months, after this you can apply to renew your Spouse Visa.
Our lawyers in Green Quarter are passionate about helping loved ones reunite, that’s why they offer assistance with both Spouse Visa applications and extensions. It can be difficult to apply for a Spouse Visa and the Home Office refuses many applications due to a lack of evidence. But with out lawyers in Green Quarter you will have all the evidence you need for a successful application. They can help you to gather your documents and will even write you a Letter of Representation to support you.
Call 01618269783 to begin your application for a Spouse Visa today.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t fit the requirements for a Spouse Visa there may be other options available to you that can also help you to join your partner in the UK.
- Unmarried Partner Visa – for people who have been in a serious relationship with a UK citizen or settled person for at least 2 years.
- Fiance Visa – for those who are in a relationship with a British citizen or person with settled status and they intend to marry them whilst in the UK
These are both types of Family Visas and the requirements for each differ, but our lawyers in Green Quarter can explain them to you and make sure that you can meet them.
As well as being married to or in a civil partnership with a British Citizen or person with settled status in the UK, there are also a number of other requirements for a Spouse Visa.
- Passing the Genuine Relationship Test
- Demonstrating your knowledge of the English language
- Meeting the financial requirements
- Proving that you have suitable accommodation whilst you’re in the UK
To learn more about the requirements for a Spouse Visa speak to our Green Quarter team on 01618269783.