Manchester Immigration Lawyers
0161 826 9783 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 6pm

Find an office

10 offices in the UK


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
Get the correct advice from qualified immigration experts
4.7 rating 414 reviews

Immigration Lawyers in St Johns

For legal advice or assistance with any immigration issue, choose our lawyers in St Johns. They can help with UK visa applications, asylum claims or even with emigrating to a new country.

Speak to them today on 01618269783.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Immigration lawyers in St Johns

    Do I need an immigration lawyer?

    You are not legally required to hire an immigration lawyer to submit a visa, citizenship or asylum application but because of the complexities of these application processes, its highly recommended that you do.

    The UK immigration application process will often require you to meet many complicated requirements and to do this you will need to submit a substantial amount of evidence. New immigration rules have also started to come into effect as a result of Brexit, making the system even more confusing.

    Luckily, due to their extensive training our lawyers in St Johns have a deep understanding of the UK immigration system, as well as the new rules coming into effect, and they can assist you with any issue you may have.

    They know just how disheartening it can be to have an important immigration application refused by the Home Office, so will do all that they can to make sure that this doesn’t happen to you. They offer a variety of services that will ensure your application is completed to the highest standard and has the best chance of success.

    For more information about how our lawyers in St Johns can help you, speak to them today on 01618269783.

    I want to settle in the UK, can your lawyers in St Johns help me?

    Many people who migrate to the UK come here with the intention of eventually making the country their home, our lawyers in St Johns can help you to do this.

    Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) is the most common form of settlement in the UK, it gives you the right to live, work and study in the UK permanently. There are many immigration routes that can lead to ILR, including Spouse Visas, Tier 2 Visas and Tier 1 Visas. To be eligible you must have lived in the UK legally under one of the relevant categories for a specified amount of time, usually 5 years.

    Our lawyers in St Johns can assess whether you are eligibly for ILR or advise you on the best route available to you to become eligible. They can also assist you with your application, guiding you throughout the entire process and helping you to gather all of the information and documents you may need.

    Once you have held Indefinite Leave to remain for at least 12 months you will be eligible to apply to become a British Citizen.

    To learn more about ILR or to begin your application today, contact our team in St Johns on 01618269783.

    You may be interested in reading about:

    Frequently Asked Questions

    The requirements for ILR vary depending on the route you are applying under, but generally you must have lived in the UK legally under a relevant visa for 5 years. In some circumstances you only need to have lived in the  UK for 3 years and in some circumstances it can be longer than 5 years.

    As well as this the other requirements you will have to meet include:

    • You must not have broken any laws or breached any immigration conditions during your time in the UK
    • You must not have spent more than 180 days outside of the UK in a 12-month period during your residency
    • You must pass the Life in the UK test
    • You must be able to prove that your reading, speaking, listening and writing of English is to at least the level of B1

    For more information about the ILR requirements contact our lawyers on 01618269783.

    Whilst Indefinite Leave to Remain and British Citizenship both allow you to live, work and study in the UK without time restrictions, there is still a difference between the two.

    British Citizenship allows you to apply for a UK passport that you can use to travel in and out of the UK freely.

    Under ILR status you must still adhere to some travel restrictions, if you leave the UK for more than two years then your ILR status will be revoked.

    British Citizenship will also allow you to register to vote in all UK elections and you will also be eligible to run for public office.

    To find out more about applying to naturalise as a British Citizen, get in touch with our lawyers on 01618269783.