We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
Get the correct advice from qualified immigration experts
4.7 rating 414 reviews

UK Visa Application

Get in touch with our team of professional immigration lawyers to receive dedicated assistance with your UK visa application.

Call us on 0161 826 9783 for immediate UK visa and citizenship assistance. Our team are here to help over the phone, in person or via Skype.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Can Manchester Immigration Lawyers help me submit my UK visa application?

    If you are a non-EEA citizen and you wish to visit the UK, you may need to apply for a UK Visa.

    Once you get your permit, you will be able to spend a certain amount of time in the UK. However, before you apply for a UK visa, you must ensure that you meet all the relevant eligibility criteria. If your application is successful, the national authorities will collect your details and provide you with your visa.

    The process of submitting your UK visa application may be complex and time-consuming.

    Supporting documents are an essential aspect of any UK visa application – the Home Office will use your supporting documentation to help determine your eligibility.

    The required supporting documents will vary depending on which UK visa you are applying for. When you apply for a UK visa, you’ll need to submit relevant supporting documentation, in order to show you meet all the requirements of the particular visa you’re applying for.

    For this reason, and to maximise your chances of success, it is recommended to seek the advice of an immigration expert. At Manchester Immigration Lawyers, we employ only the best solicitors, who will provide you and your family with all the help you will need to obtain your visa. We can also help with visa extensions and appealing a visa rejection.

    Contact us today to find out more about our immigration services.

    Immigration Advice Service 4.7 rating 414 reviews
    Reviews.io Logo

    Do I need a visa to visit the UK?

    Depending on your nationality, you may be required to apply for a UK visa to enter the country. Nevertheless, in some cases, you may be exempt from immigration controls. This applies to all EEA, EU, Swiss and Commonwealth citizens.

    If you are unsure whether you need to apply for a UK visa, you can seek the advice of an immigration expert. At Manchester Immigration Lawyers, we employ the best professionals, who will be happy to help.

    At present, UK immigration law provides applicants with a wide range of visa tiers, targeted at different circumstances. This includes:

    How do I submit my application?

    The majority of UK visa applications can be made online. However, you also submit an extensive portfolio of supporting document and evidence, to demonstrate your eligibility.

    Depending on your circumstances and your visa application, you may be required to provide the Home Office with specific documents.

    As a general rule, the following are the main documents that you must attach to your forms:

    • Your passport or any other valid personal ID, which must have at least a blank page;
    • Two photographs
    • Proof you have adequate financial means to support yourself and your family or your business while in the UK
    • Proof that you have paid your visa fees

    All documents which are not written in English or Welsh must be accompanied by a certified translation.

    UK visa application process

    Each UK visa application may vary based on the tier you are applying for, your home country and your personal circumstances. However, there are some common steps that applicants must follow before their permit is released. This includes:

    • Complete your application forms with all the relevant details
    • Pay your application fee
    • Submit your paperwork, including your supporting documents, to the UKVI
    • Wait for the letter with the UKVI’s decision.

    If your application is successful, you will need to book an appointment at your nearest UK visa application centre to have your biometrics (fingerprints and photographs) collected.

    Once your visa is confirmed, you will have your Biometric Residence Permit delivered to you within ten days.

    When can I apply for a UK visa?

    Based on UKVI guidelines, the earliest you can apply for a UK visa and submit your application forms is three months before the date you intend to travel to the UK. This may change if your case is particularly time-sensitive, or if you are already in the UK and you need to apply for an extension before your leave to stay expires.

    It must be noted that you will not be able to enter the UK until you receive official permission and your visa is granted. For this reason, it is advisable to take into account potential delays, especially during national holidays, when submitting your form.

    Once your application is received, it may take up to 3 months for the Home Office to send its response.

    Some applications, such as those for settlement status, may take up to 6 months to be processed and approved.

    Get in touch with our expert immigration lawyers to get assistance on your UK visa application. Contact us

      Fill out the form

      Can I extend my Leave to Remain in the UK?

      If your UK visa is expiring but you continue to meet the eligibility requirements, you can apply for an extension. This procedure allows you to extend your leave to remain in the UK, and it may vary based on your visa tier.

      You must apply for a UK visa extension before your current permit expires. If you overstay your visa, you will be in immigration breach, and you will face severe consequences.

      In some cases, you can apply for settlement status rather than just extending your current visa. This applies to those who have spent an eligible amount of time in the UK.

      To find out more about how to renew your UK visa, you can get in touch with our team of immigration experts in Manchester.

      What happens if I overstay my visa?

      If your visa is going to expire, you need to apply for a renewal as soon as possible. However, if your leave to remain has already expired, you have 30 days to leave the UK voluntarily. If you overstay your permit and you remain in the country, you will face severe consequences, including deportation from the UK.

      At present, the Home Office usually grants a “14-day with good reason rule”. This means that you may be allowed to overstay your permit for up to 14 days if you have valid evidence of your good reasons, such as if you are waiting for your renewal application to be processed and confirmed.

      If your visa has expired and you need help to remain in the UK or submit your extension application, you can seek the advice of our immigration lawyers in Manchester.

      How to track your UK visa application status

      Unfortunately, it is not possible to track your UK visa status online. You can check the progress of your application by either calling the Home Office or sending an email. Phone communications are available 24 hours from Monday to Friday.

      It must be noted that you will be charged for both ways of enquiring.

      If you wish to receive complete assistance on enquiring about the state of your case, you can speak to one of our immigration specialists in Manchester. We will handle your case and liaise with the Home Office until your UK visa application is processed and completed.

      What can I do if my UK visa application is refused?

      If your application is refused, you will get a letter from the Home Office explaining the reasons for the refusal. This paper will also explain all your options to either file an administrative review or submit an immigration appeal.

      Before you decide how to proceed, it is advisable to speak with an immigration lawyer in Manchester.

      With the help of the right professional, you will be able to apply for an administrative review or an appraisal and receive adequate legal representation.

      Advice Package icon

      Advice Package

      Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.

      Application Package icon

      Application Package

      Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.

      Fast Track Package icon

      Fast Track Package

      Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.

      Appeal Package icon

      Appeal Package

      Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.

      Advice Package image

      The Advice Package

      During this untimed Advice Session with our professional immigration lawyers in London, you will receive our comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.

        Fill out the form

        Request the Advice Package
        Application Package image

        The Application Package

        With our Application Package, your dedicated immigration lawyer will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your caseworker will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.

          Fill out the form

          Request the Application Package
          Fast Track Package image

          The Fast Track Package

          Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.

            Fill out the form

            Request the Fast Track Package
            Appeal Package image

            The Appeal Package

            By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.

              Fill out the form

              Request the Appeal Package

              If you wish to find out how you can settle in the UK with your partner, our team is happy to assist. Learn more

                Fill out the form

                Related pages for your continued reading.

                Frequently Asked Questions

                Any supporting document which is not written in English or Welsh must be accompanied by a certified translation. It must be noted that this service can only be provided by an authorized translation company. Your certified translator needs to confirm in writing that they have produced a “true and accurate translation of the original document”.

                The Home Office will not accept any translation provided by a translation company which is not certified and approved. If you need help with your supporting document, you can seek the assistance of one of our Manchester immigration solicitors.

                If your visa application is successful, you will get a vignette on your passport. This can be replaced or transferred only if your previous identification document has expired, or if any of your personal details have changed.

                If your passport has expired and you are outside the UK, you can have your vignette transferred to a new identification document by submitting an online request. This will cost £169.